Modern heavy duty diesel engines are highly susceptible to damage from particulate contamination in diesel fuel while water contamination can reduce efficiency and accelerate wear. The result, if left unchecked, is reduced reliability of critical equipment, unscheduled downtime and an increase in maintenance and repair costs.
Ultipleat Diesel Plus filters provide advanced particulate and water removal from diesel fuel within a single filter element.
- Extend time between scheduled maintenance periods
- Keep equipment in service longer
- Increase reliability of equipment and mean time between failures (MTBF)
- Single filter solution to remove dirt and water
- Simple to install and service
- Filter element with integral high performance coalescer to rapidly remove free water
- Single-pass particulate contamination removal down to ISO 4406 code 13/12/11
- Low differential pressure drop throughout the full service life of the filter element
- Stress resistant filter media design
- Stainless steel filter housing construction
- Simple element change out procedure
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Contaminated fuel has the potential to impact several key performance indicators which affect Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Equipment breakdowns caused by fuel injectors fouling or increased fuel pump wear
- Shortened or inconsistent service intervals increasing maintenance costs
- Reduced equipment performance, resulting in extended process time and greater fuel consumption
Several of the largest mining companies closely monitor OEE as a gauge of the profitability of a mine. If measures are taken to improve the OEE, such as efforts to reduce contaminants in fuel, it can have a serious impact on the economic success of a mining company.
|Flow Range:||190 – 1325 L/min (50 – 350 US gpm)|
|Max. Pressure Rating:||10 barg (150 psig)|
|Temperature:||-29 oC to 50 oC (-20 oF to 122 oF)|
|Filter Rating:||5µm (ßx(5)≥1000 per ISO 16889)|
|Coalescer water removal rating:||< 50 ppm Free Water @ 15 dyn/cm & 50gpm|
|Filter element length:||40" nominal|
In comparative tests, the number of Ultipleat Diesel Plus filters elements required was significantly less compared to existing Pall or alternative solutions, resulting in an overall reduction in operating costs.