filtration of process fluids and effluents
Pall Membralox IC ceramic elements are asymmetic
multi-channel membranes composed of a porous
alumina support and a filtering layer (alumina, zirconia, titania).
The revolutionary patented design provides a higher
surface area per membrane than an equivalent channel
- High module flow rate
- Wide chemical and pH (0-14) compatibility
- Excellent thermal stability
- Long term and reliable performance
- Sanitable and sterilizable
- Ability to withstand high frequency backpulsing cycles
- 100% bubble point integrity tested during manufacturing
- Suited for high fouling fluids, viscous products,
high concentration factors, fine filtration, diafiltration,
automatic and easy cleaning in place (CIP).
- Meets the requirements for food usage**.
Pall Membralox Membranes Quality
- Unique ceramic support of the 12 µm pore size
allows the highest flux.
- Patented alumina end-sealing provides superior
resistance to corrosion and cleaning cycles.
- High homogeneity and quality of the filtration layers
for optimum filtration performances and selectivity.
- Exceptional mechanical resistance for long service life.
Cost Effective Separations
The superior characteristics of Pall Membralox IC ceramic
membranes provide a highly cost effective solution on the
- Less filtration modules and small system footprint
- Lower investment cost
- Shorter return on investment
* 4mm Channel diameter
** The membranes based on high purity alumia are certified for use in contact with food fluids by Commission Directive 2005/31/EC All membrane components are made from materials that our suppliers state meet the requirements for food contact use: Alumina and titania are GRAS, Zirconia layers on alumina suport are listed in 21 CFR Sect. 177.2910.
- Fermentation broth clarification, molecules extraction, purification and concentration.
- Clarification of glucose syrups and fruit juice, beer recovery.
- Degreasing bath regeneration, oily waste water treatment, hydrocarbons/water separation, solvent recovery.
- Waste water treatment with ceramic membrane bioreactor (MBR)