The special feature of this filter media is its highly porous structure with its large internal surface area. Therefore it is suitable especially for depth filtration applications. Kermodur filter elements are successfully used for the filtration of gases. They are appropriate for depth filtration as well as for surface filtration whenever low contaminations have to be separated accurately.
- Kermodur filter ceramic can be utilised in the food and beverage industry in accordance with the German Foodstuffs and Consumer Goods Act and according to the European Directive 89/109/EEC – referring to directives 2002/72/EC and / or 84/500/EEC and their amendments, as appropriate.
- Machining is possible using diamond-tipped tools.
- Ceramic elements are to be handled with care.
- Elements can be easily glued using commercial glues which we can supply. Consideration must be paid to operating temperature and chemical resistance.
- A a variety of element fixing systems are available.
- A periodic cleaning of elements can be advantageous for various applications. Please ask for our cleaning instructions.
|Particle filter for gases|| fertilizer industry, e.g. mixed gas filtration for HNO3 synthesis|
methane, sludge gas, bio gas
Further applications possible.
|Kermodur (KD)||Unit||EK 10||EK 20||KK 30|
|Filtration fineness of gases||µm||3||5||6|
|O-Ring strength compression||MPa||> 28||> 20||> 8|
|Max. temperature resistance 1||°C||1.000||1.000||800|
|Expansion coefficient (25 - 800°C)||10-6/K||8.5||8.5||8.5|
|Dimensions Do / Di||mm||60 / 40||70 / 40||60 / 40|
1 Depending on operating conditions.
Differential Pressure Diagram
The physical data are valid for the dimensions listed in table "Physical Properties".
Chemical ResistanceKermodur filter ceramic is resistant against most acids, saline solutions and organic solvents, liquid or gaseous. It does not resist hydrofluoric acid. Kermodur filter ceramic is resistant up to pH 11 in the alkaline range.
|Type||Do / Di |
|Candle||KK 30||60 / 40||1000||0,18||2,1|
|Cylinder||EK 10; EK 20; KK 30||60 / 40||1000||0,18||3,3 / 2,1|
|Cylinder||EK 10; EK 20||70 / 40||1000||0,22||5,5|
Special dimensions and special products on request.
Industrial and Mobile OEM
Pulp & Paper