Air-eliminating filter for 24-hour drug infusion
- Supor (polyethersulfone) membrane
- Low protein binding
- Contains no external wetting agents or surfactants
Compatible with all standard clinical infusion regimens, including those utilizing infusion and syringe pumps
- Sterile and nonpyrogenic
- Free of natural rubber latex
BenefitsReduces inadvertent particulate debris and eliminates entrained air that may be found in intravenous solutions for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Minimal adsorption to the membrane
- Will not introduce undesirable extractables into the infusion preparation
- Use with injections as well as with continuous or intermittent infusions
UsageSingle patient use
24-hour maximum use
Can be used with continuous infusions, intermittent infusions, or injections
Filter Media1.2 µm Supor (polyethersulfone) membrane
SterilitySterile and non-pyrogenic
Internal Volume of Filter0.7 mL
Maximum Working Pressure30 psi
Hold-up Volume0.7 mL
Flow Rates 0.9% (w/v) Saline at 1 m InfusionApproximately 90 mL/min
Indications for UseInadvertent contamination of intravenous solutions can have serious consequences for patients. Particulate contamination, which has been demonstrated to cause phlebitis1, may inherently be present in the infusion preparation. It may also arise from contact between the solution and equipment or manipulation of the solution. Entrained air, which results from solution degassing, incomplete priming, or disconnection of the infusion line, has been shown to be especially problematic with central lines, leading to air emboli2.
- Falchuk, K.H., Peterson, L., McNeil, B.J., New England Journal of Medicine, 1985; 312:78-82.
- Coppa, G.F., Gouge, T.H., Hofstetter, S.R., JPEN (Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition), 1981; 5:1668-8.
|Product No.||Pore Size||Housing Color||Description||Packaging||Quantity|
|AEF2NT||1.2 µm||Clear/Blue||Supor AEF2NT intravenous filter for 24-hour use, luer lock inlet with a rotating luer locking collar and female luer lock outlet||Individually packaged, sterile||40/case|