The patented highly asymmetric polysulfone membrane enables very high flow rates and fine filtration with minimal demand on limited pumping capacity. The end result is fast starts, excellent particle retention, low microbubble potential, and superior bath quality.
When operated at ambient temperature, the Mega-Etch filter is compatible with a wide range of etch solutions and semiaqueous strippers that are primarily HF based.1
It is highly recommended for use in SiO2 etch with surfactant and low horsepower internal pumps.
For spontaneous wetting in high surface tension fluid, the Ulti-Etch filter can be used.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent retention
- Very high flow rates
- Rapid bath turnover
- Low extractable
- Ultralow metal ion extractables option
- No prewetting with IPA required
- Manufactured in a cleanroom environment
- 100% integrity tested
1The Mega-Etch filter should be tested before installation to determine compatibility.
Materials of Construction
- Medium: Highly asymmetric hydrophilic polysulfone
- Core, Cage, and End Caps: Polypropylene
- Support: Polypropylene
- O-Ring: Fluoroelastomer A (standard)
- 0.45 μm (0.1 μm RP), 0.2 μm, 0.1 μm, 0.05 μm
- 254 mm / 10 in (0.65 m2 / 7.0 ft.2)
- 508 mm / 20 in (1.30 m2 / 14.0 ft.2)
- Nominal Length: 25.4 cm / 10 in., 50.8 cm / 20 in.
- Diameter: 6.6 cm / 2.6 in.
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 95 °C / 203 °F
- Maximum Forward Differential Pressure: 0.345 MPa (50 psid) @ 20 °C (60 °F)
Pressure Drop vs. Liquid Flow Rate2
2For liquids with a viscosity differing from water, multiply the pressure drop by the viscosity in centipoise.
EBC    Table 1 - Removal Ratings in Microns (μm)
|Code||Removal Ratings (μm)|
|450||0.45 (0.1 RP)|
|10||254 mm / 10 in.|
|20||508 mm / 20 in.|
|M3||SOE flat closed end; external 222 O-rings|
|M7||SOE fin end; external 226 O-rings|
|M8||SOE fin end; external 222 O-rings|
|V||Fluoroelastomer A (standard)|
|T||FEP encapsulated silicone|
|F||FEP encapsulated fluoroelastomer|
3Chemraz is a registered trademark of Greene Tweed and Co.