The new Ultra Clean Water Filtration Skid features the latest technology for ultrapure water cleanliness, using a newly developed ultrafiltration (UF) membrane that is dual-rated at 2 nm and 4 kD.
UF is the state of the art final filtration step prior to the final utilization of ultrapure water in semiconductor manufacturing. It is used to remove traces of
- Colloidal silicates
out of ultrapure water.
Hollow fiber membranes bundled in UF module housings divide the incoming ultrapure water into ultra clean permeate and contamination containing reject. Controlled back-diffusion of accumulated particles prevents contamination of the membrane. The reject—typically 5% of the permeate flow—discharges the collected contaminations from the UF modules. The reject flow will be cleaned up in a polisher.
The Ultra Clean Water Filtration Skid is used for today’s most demanding ultra-high purity water systems in sub fab level or at the point of use.
A Key Tool for UPW Supply in the Semiconductor Industry
Up to four UF modules are combined in a closed micro environment. They facilitate up to 50 m³/h permeate flow. Skids can be combined to provide higher flow capacity.
A purge flow of filtered clean dry air (CDA) prior to and during maintenance creates a clean environment surrounding the UF modules and reduces contamination of interfaces and piping /module connections.
Water reject is treated by a polishing unit that increases recovery rate up to 100%.
Designed to Meet the Highest Demands
- Superior retention of nanoparticles, macro-molecular contamination and colloidal silicates
- Up to 100 % recovery rate
- Uses high performance Pall Microza UF modules
- Preventive maintenance based on in situ module integrity tests using Palltronic® analyzers
- Compact “all in one” cabinet provides smallest footprint
- PVDF HP piping for highest purity
- Air purging facilitates module exchange and maintenance operations under micro environment
- Recording, visualization and digital monitoring of pressure signals by an electronic data manager enables easy system integration
- “Plug & play” approach minimizes time and cost for installation and commissioning
- Seismic brackets
*Microza is a trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation
Dimensions (Length x Width x Height)
Base Unit: 1,250 x 1,100 x 2,174 mm
Base Unit + Valves: 1,618 x 1,100 x 2,174 mm
(Length x Width x Height, approximate)
Base Unit: 2,000 x 2,300 x 2,500 mm
Base Unit + Valves: 2,370 x 2,300 x 2,500 mm
380 kg (without disposable filters and UF Modules, approximate)
Feed and Permeate: DN100 or 4"
Reject: DN25 or 1"
Master valves DN100 or 4" for feed and permeate. Further options on demand
|Maximum operating pressure||barg||9|
|Maximum operating temperature*||°C||up to 80|
|Design Permeate flow rate||m3/h||up to 50|
|Design airflow||Nm3/h||up to 58|
|Material for water piping system||PVDF HP|
|Number of UF modules||1 to 4|
|Suitable UF module series||Pall Microza OAT-6036 or OLT-6036|
* 90 °C for short term sanitization
- Power supply for data logger:
110-230 V AC, 1 phase 50 or 60 Hz.
- Air supply:
0.6 – 0.8 MPa ( 87 – 116 psig); < 60 Nm³/h (temporarily); dry, filtered, oil-free, ambient temperature
- 24 V interface