The PCM500 uses proven mesh blockage technology to report accurate, reliable, 3 part ISO cleanliness codes for most types of fluids, in all types of environment.
- Monitors mineral, synthetic, or water based fluids
- Results are unaffected by the presence of water, air, or if the fluid is dark
- Get accurate, 3 part* ISO cleanliness code results in under 6 minutes and take preventative action quickly
- Upload real-time results directly to mobile devices for analysis and action
- '’Pass off’ cleanliness of new builds quickly and confidently
Protect your systems from catastrophic failure by detecting abnormal fluid cleanliness conditions quickly.
The PCM500 can be permanently installed to monitor critical applications (including component test facilities) or used as a portable device for routine condition monitoring of various fluid systems.
PCM500 Monitor Features
- Proven mesh blockage technology provides accurate 3-part* ISO 4406, AS 4059 Table 1 (NAS 1638) or AS 4059 Table 2 cleanliness codes
- Measures fluid cleanliness, temperature, viscosity plus options for water content
- Self cleaning procedure between each test ensures optimum accuracy of results
- Compact, robust, fully self contained portable design (fluid sampling pump included)
- Simple to use, colour touch screen interface
- Long battery life for extended operation in remote locations
- Supplied with a heavy-duty wheeled flight case for ease of transportation
* 3 part code measured at 4 μm, 6 μm and 14 μm per ISO 16338.
The colour LCD touch screen allows simple menu driven input of sample identification, monitor configuration and data output.
The HD screen displays real time data and test results which are automatically stored for subsequent trending and evaluation. An optional Bluetooth/USB controlled printer allows the operator to produce a hard copy of the test results if required.
All ancillary components for high and low pressure online sample monitoring are contained within the monitor, with sufficient internal power to complete 35 tests between charges. (Mains power can be used if preferred).
For further protection and ease of transport, thePCM500 is supplied in a robust flight case.
For ordering and pricing information contact your local sales office or distributor Contact Us.
|Power supply:||90-260 VAC or integral 12 VDC
Lithium Ion battery
|Battery life:||Typically 35 samples|
|Temperature Range:||5 °C to 80 °C (41 °F to 176 °F)
(dependent on fluid type)
|Compatibility:||Water glycols, aqueous solutions.
Petroleum and synthetic oils (hydraulic lubricating, dielectric, etc.), fuels, industrial phosphate esters.
|Operating viscosity:||1.5 to 450 cSt (30 to 2,200 SUS)|
|Pressure:||0 to 315 bar (4570 psi) max|
|Monitoring Range:||ISO 4406: <11/9/7 to 23/21/17
SAE AS 4059 Table 1
Class 1 to 12 (derived from NAS 1638)
SAE AS 4059 Table 2
>4 µm 1A to 12A, >6 µm 1B to
12B >14 µm 1C to 12C
|Water in Oil % RH:||± 2% at 5 to 95% RH (PCM500W)|
|Accuracy:||± 1/2 ISO 4406 Code|
|Ports:||Communication 3 x USB’s (Data Acquisition, PC Setup, Printer), RS232C (PLC Control)|
|Enclosure:||IP 65 (NEMA 4)|
|Weight:||10.8 kg (23 lb)
with case: 21.6kg (47.62 lb)
|Dimensions:||PCM: 400 x 260 x 250 mm
(15.8 x 10.2 x 10 inches)
Case: 650 x 350 x 390 mm
(25.6 x 13.8 x 15.4 inches)
The PCM500 is supplied with the default language set to English. Other languages may be accessed via the HMI menu.
For operating manuals in all languages, visit www.pall.com.
This is a guide to the Part Numbering structure only, for specific options, please contact Pall.
PCM500 [TABLE 1] MA
Table 1: Water Sensor
|None||No Water Sensor fitted|
|W||Water Sensor fitted|
Table 2: Connectors
|MA||Fluid Inlet connections:b>
High Pressure: 1/4” BSP female swivel with metric, imperial or NPT test point connector
Low Pressure: 1/4” BSP Female swivel fitting
Power leads supplied covering UK, USA, Europe & Asia male plug formats
Printer Kit and Accessories
Important: The PCM500W model is fitted with a sensor to measure water content in oil and produce a % relative humidity or PPM value. Do not use this model of PCM500 with water based fluids or permanent damage will occur.
Wheeled carry case protects the PCM500 in transit