If service is ignored, and the system is allowed to operate with a dirty filter element, the differential pressure builds across the element and system flow gradually shuts off without dirt bypassing the filter. Incorporating Ultipor® III media in a special pressure resistant design, these elements ensure that only filtered fluid makes its way to critical system components.
Common applications that benefit from Pall non-bypass filters incorporating Dirt-Fuse elements include:
- Plastic blow molding
- Plastic injection molding
- Industrial component test stands
- Die casting
- Flight simulators
- Machine tools
- Edge guide controls
- Gauge controls
- Motion control simulators
1. An upstream support mesh promotes uniform, pleat spacing and strength. This reduces pleat flexing and promotes uniform flow through the filter, even under severe cold start or pressure surge conditions.
Benefit: Reliable, consistent performance and resistance to severe operating conditions.
2. Media is made up of inert, inorganic fibers securely bonded into a fixed, tapered pore structure that preserves high particle removal efficiency throughout the life of the element. Tapered pores capture particulate through the entire media depth for maximum dirt holding capacity.
Benefit: Consistent filter performance and extended service life.
3. Tighter downstream support mesh promotes drainage and adds strength under high differential pressure conditions.
Benefit: Reliable, consistent performance and resistance to high differential pressure conditions.
4. Rugged, high strength core provides protection against element collapse at differential pressure as high as 3000 psi (210 bar).
Benefit: Optimum protection of critical components under all operating conditions.