Athalon Filter Elements
Pall’s Athalon™ lube oil and hydraulic return line filters have an unmatched Betax(c)≥2000 removal efficiency rating. By combining the stress-resistant filter technology, and a full range of housings, they ensure equipment protection and extend component as well as fluid life.
The Athalon series of housing is equipped with:
- Athalon Auto-Pull mechanism: When the filter cover is unscrewed, tabs on the filter element end caps lock into hooks in the cover. When removed, the cover and the filter element are automatically pulled from the tube, making it easier to pull the element from the housing.
- Cover service for safer handling makes filter element changes simple, quick, and safer for operators since the filter element is withdrawn as the cover is unscrewed.
- Predictable element servicing: Athalon filters can be fitted with Pall’s Deltadyne™ electrical or mechanical differential pressure indicators, or on tank-top mounted filters. This provides a visual pressure gauge to give early warning for filter changes.
Product images are a representation of product family for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
Pall's Athalon in line filter elements deliver the highest level of sustained fluid system across applications, including – Auto LOH for stamping and filling lines, mining equipment, hydraulics, lubrication, material directional control, material handling and a lot more.
With an unmatched Betax(c)≥2000 removal rating, Athalon filters are the first of their kind in the industry of lube and hydraulic return line filters. They come with a unique laid over pleating to create a uniform flow distribution through the hydraulic and lube filter elements.
A crucial measure of any lube and in line hydraulic element is its ability to sustain fluid cleanliness through its service life. It’s often observed that all filters provide good fluid cleanliness in early service life, but only Pall’s Athalon filters are capable of producing sustained fluid cleanliness throughout their service life.
Why Select Pall for High-Pressure Filter Elements?
- Laid Over Pleat (LOP) filter media geometry maximizes filtration area, increases flow handling capability, and reduces filter element size.
- Stress-resistant filter medium improves fluid cleanliness consistency and performance in the ‘real world’ conditions.
- Anti-static construction minimizes static charge generation and prevents damage to the filter element, housing, or fluid due to static discharge.
- Coreless/cageless construction is 60% lighter than comparable filter elements with cores.
- Reduces disposal costs (filter elements are incinerable, shreddable, or crushable).
- Simple to install and inexpensive to maintain.
- Common port and mounting interfaces and cover servicing make maintenance quick and easy to perform with the minimum of basic tools.
- 10x better efficiency compared to the common performance standard filter with ßx(c)≥2000 rating.
- Fewer passes required to reach the target cleanliness level.
- Reduces unscheduled down time costs and equipment maintenance.
- Full range of housings with:
- In-tank filter designs
- Flange, pipe, and manifold connection options
- Duplex and simplex configurations
- 420 bar (6100 psi) pressures
- Flows up to 1500 l/min (400 USgpm)
- Equipped with the Athalon Auto-Pull mechanism
- Fluid compatibility (ISO 2943) with petroleum oils, water glycols, water-oil emulsions, and high water-containing fluids.
- Fluorocarbon seals are standard and enable use with industrial phosphate, esters, diesters, and specified synthetics.
- Flow Fatigue (ISO 3724): Fully supported filter element pleats – both upstream and downstream to attain adept fatigue cycle life.
- Fabrication Integrity (ISO 2942) : Validated and assured during the manufacturing process through several evaluations and inspections, including Bubble Point testing.
- Anti-static filter construction: Prevents electrostatic discharge from damaging your filter and degrading your fluid.
- Patented Ultipleat® (laid-over pleat) filter medium pack.
- Betax(c)≥2000 removal efficiency rating.
- Stress-resistant filter technology.
- Coreless/cageless construction: 60% lighter than other filter elements with cores.
- Easy to install along with inexpensive maintenance.
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure: 420 bar (6100 psi)
- Rated Fatigue Pressure: 0-240 bar (3500 psi) per NFPA T2.06.01R2-2001 CAT C/90/*(1 million cycles), verified by testing at 0-280 bar (4050 psi) for 1 million cycles.
- Element Collapse/Burst Rating: 10 bard (150 psid)
- Temperature Range: Fluorocarbon Seals: -29 °C to 120 °C (-20 °F to 250 °F) 60 °C (140 °F) maximum in HWCF or water-glycol fluids.
- Materials of Construction:
Head and cover: Ductile cast iron, aluminium
Tube: Carbon steel
- Filter element: Inorganic fibers impregnated and bonded with epoxy resins. Polymer endcaps. Anti-static media design.
- Fabrication Integrity (ISO 2942): Fabrication integrity is validated and assured during the manufacturing process by numerous evaluations and inspections, including Bubble Point testing.
- Fluid Compatibility (ISO 2943): Compatible with petroleum oils, water glycols, water-oil, emulsions, and high water-containing fluids. Fluorocarbon seals are standard, enabling use with industrial phosphate esters, diesters, and specified synthetics.
- Element Collapse/Burst Rating (ISO 2941)
- Flow vs. Pressure Drop (ISO 3968)
- Fluid Compatibility (ISO 2943)
- Flow Fatigue (ISO 3724)
- Fabrication Integrity (ISO 2942)
Pall’s Athalon filter elements are used for:
- Auto LOH for stamping and Auto LOH-filling lines
- Mining equipment gear case, mining equipment hydraulic fluid, mining equipment lube oil - on & off-board
- Heavy hydraulic, heavy lubrication, medium & light hydraulic, medium & light lubrication
- Coolants/bearing lubrication, drives gearbox and roll housing, forging/extrusion, gearbox/bearing, gearbox/Morgoil
- Material directional control, material handling, Non-Contact
- Medium & light hydraulic, medium & light lubrication
1. What makes Pall filter elements unique?
Athalon hydraulic and lube oil filters are the first of their kind in the industry of lube and hydraulic return line filters with an unmatched Betax(c)≥2000 removal efficiency rating.
2. Where can I use Pall’s Athalon filter elements?
Applications of Pall’s Athalon filter elements:
- They are used in mining equipment gear cases, mining equipment hydraulic fluid, and mining equipment lube oil - on & off-board.
- Auto LOH for stamping and auto LOH-filling lines
- They have applications in heavy hydraulic, heavy lubrication, medium & light hydraulic, and medium & light lubrication.
- Coolants/bearing lubrication, drives gearbox and roll housing, forging/extrusion, and gearbox bearing and Morgoil
- Material directional control and material handling
- Medium & light hydraulic and medium & light lubrication
4. What is so unique about Pall’s Ultipleat media – used in the construction of Athalon filters?
Pall’s high-pressure filter elements, namely the Athalon filters, come with patented Ultipleat media, or laid over pleat (LOP) filter media geometry to:
- Maximize filtration area
- Increase flow handling capabilities
- Reduce filter element size
5. Do Pall’s Athalon filter elements come with anti-static construction?
Yes, Pall’s Athalon filter elements come with anti-static construction to minimize static charge generation and prevent damage to the filter element, housing, or fluid due to static discharge.
6. How are Pall’s filter elements better than the ones in the market?
Pall’s Athalon filter elements come with coreless/cageless construction, making it 60% lighter than comparable filter elements with cores.
7. Are Pall’s Athalon filter elements cost efficient?
Pall’s Athalon filter elements:
- Reduce disposal costs (filter elements are incinerable, shreddable, or crushable)
- Are simple to install and inexpensive to maintain
- Provide 10x better efficiency compared to the common performance standard filter with ßx(c)≥2000 rating
- Require significantly fewer passes to reach target cleanliness level
- Reduce equipment maintenance and unscheduled downtime costs
- Come with common port and mounting interfaces. The cover servicing makes maintenance quick and easy to perform with the minimum of basic tools
To sum it all, yes, Pall’s Athalon filter elements are cost-efficient and help you get the desired results.