Ultipleat® SRT High Pressure Filters
We have Upgraded our Ultipleat® SRT filter element technology. Pall Athalon® filters represent the most advanced filtration technology for protecting critical lube & hydraulic equipment. They are a direct replacement (same form, fit, and function) for current Ultipleat® SRT filter elements. Athalon filter elements have been designed to deliver Beta > 2000 removal efficiency, unmatched performance consistency over the filter’s full service life, low pressure drop and long service life..
Browse Athalon™ products here.
Finding filter media that maintains a perfect balance between efficiency, service life, and clean pressure drop, has traditionally been a challenge.
Pall’s revolutionary Ultipleat® SRT filters are the ideal solution for seamless filtration processes. With an innovative wave-shaped pleat design, our Ultipleat SRT filters offer better & more consistent system protection with optimum performance under challenging conditions.
Note: If Ultipleat® SRT filters seem right for your filtration process, look at Pall Athalon filter elements; they are our newest, best performing design, and fit directly into Ultipleat SRT filter housings without the need for adapters.
Proprietary Wave-Shaped Pleat Geometry
- Maximizes filtration area
- Increases flow handling capability
- Reduces filter element size
- Delivers uniform flow distribution through the filter element
- These pleated filter elements are 60% lighter than comparable filter elements with cores
- The Ultipleat filter reduces disposal costs; They are incinerable, shreddable or crushable
Stress-Resistant Filter Medium
- Improves fluid cleanliness consistency
- Improves performance in “real world” conditions
- Minimizes static charge generation and electrostatic discharge
- Prevents damage to the filter element, housing, or fluid due to static discharge
In-To-Out Flow Path
- Reduces chances of cross-contamination during filter element change
Why should you choose Pall Ultipleat SRT filters?
These pleated filter elements combine an innovative media pack design and stress-resistant media technology to provide the greatest overall performance and value.
- Superior contamination control over the service life of the filter element
- Enhanced performance under cyclic flow and pressure conditions
- High flow capability
- Optimum service life and envelope size
Benefits for OEMs
- Smaller package size
- Improved machine reliability
- Withstands system operating stresses
- Reduced warranty costs
Benefits for Users
- Reduced filter element size
- Increased system reliability
- Reduced filtration costs
- Reduced operating costs
- Environment-friendly disposal
Innovative Pleated Filter Element Design
- Medium Substrate Support Layer: Provides support for the medium and helps drainage flow.
Benefit: Reliable and consistent performance
- Up and Downstream Mesh Layers: Create flow channels for uniform flow through the filter.
Benefit: Extended filter element service life for lower operating costs
- SRT Filtration Medium: Inert, inorganic fibers securely bonded in a fixed, tapered pore structure with increased resistance to system stresses such as cyclic flow and dirt loading.
Benefit: Improved performance over the service life of the filter element and more consistent fluid cleanliness.
- O-ring Seal: Prevents contaminant bypassing the filtration medium under normal operation.
Benefit: Reliable, consistent filtration performance.
- Auto-Pull Element Removal Tabs: Corrosion-resistant endcaps feature exclusive Auto-Pull tabs for automatic element extraction upon opening the housing.
Benefit: Ease of filter element change-out.
- Proprietary Cushion Layer: Provides support for the medium and protection from handling.
Benefit: Reliable, consistent performance
- Coreless/Cageless Design: Outer element cage is a permanent part of the filter housing
Benefit: Lighter, environmentally friendly element for reduced disposal costs and ease of filter element change-out.
- Proprietary Outer Helical Wrap: Tightly bonds to each pleat for stability and strength.
Benefit: Reliable, consistent performance, and resistance to severe operating conditions.
- Innovative pleat design
- Anti-static construction and Stress Resistant Technology
- Auto-pull element removal mechanism
- Environment-friendly disposal
- Reduced operation, warranty, and filtration costs
- ISO Cleanliness Code Rating (ISO 4406) per Cyclic Stabilization Test (80% ∆p)*
- Look at are our newest, best performing design Athalon filter elements that fit directly into Ultipleat SRT filter housings without the need for adapters.
* CST ISO 4406 Cleanliness Code ratings are based on performance at 80% of the net terminal pressure drop, considered the worst operating condition.
Element Construction: Inorganic fibers impregnated and bonded with epoxy
resins. Polymer endcaps. Anti-static design.
Element Collapse/Burst Rating (ISO 2941): 10 bard (150 psid)
Flow vs. Pressure Drop (ISO 3968): For details, see appropriate Ultipleat SRT housing literature.
Fluid Compatibility (ISO 2943): Compatible with petroleum oils, water-oil emulsions, water glycols, and high water-containing fluids. Fluorocarbon seals are available for industrial phosphate esters, diesters, and specified synthetics.
Flow Fatigue (ISO 3724): Filter element pleats are fully supported, both upstream and downstream to achieve excellent fatigue cycle life.
Fabrication Integrity (ISO 2942): Fabrication integrity is validated and assured during the manufacturing process by numerous evaluations and inspections including Bubble Point testing.
Fluorocarbon seals: -29˚C (-20˚F) to +120˚C (+250˚F)
Note: Maximum 60˚C (140˚F) in water-based fluids. Other seal materials available on application
Quality Control: All filter elements are manufactured by Pall to exacting procedures and strict quality controls. Filter elements are checked against rigorous ongoing validation test protocols within Pall Corporation. Pall is accredited to ISO 9001 and QS 9000.
- Auto Painting/Coating Zinc Phosphate Bath
- Medium & Light Hydraulic, Medium & Light Lubrication
- Auto LOH for Stamping, Auto LOH-Filling Lines
- Mining Equipment Gear Case, Mining Equipment Hydraulic Fluid, Mining Equipment Lube Oil - on & off board
- Heavy Hydraulic, Heavy Lubrication
- Coolants / Bearing Lubrication, Drives Gear Box + Roll Housing, Forging / Extrusion, Gear Box / Bearing, Gear Box / Morgoil,
- Material Directional Control, Material Handling
1. How are Pall’s Ultipleat SRT Filters different from other filters?
Pall’s Ultipleat SRT filters have a unique wave-shaped pleat geometry that:
- Allows more filtration area to be packed into a given filter element envelope
- Creates uniform flow distribution through the filter element
- Protects against pleat collapse and bunching
These filters deliver improved filtration efficiency and longer filter service life.
2. What is the performance rating of Ultipleat SRT Filters against other similar filters?
Tested via the Cyclic Stabilization Test against similar filters rated at 5 micron per ISO 16889, Ultipleat SRT filters provided far superior particulate removal under the cyclic and dirt loading conditions.
At 80% net terminal pressure drop, filter A is passing over 1200 times more 6 micron(c) and larger particles than the Ultipleat SRT filter, filter B 675 times more (see the image below).
3. How does the element removal mechanism in Ultipleat SRT Filters work?
A unique feature in Pall’s Ultipleat SRT Filters is the Auto-Pull filter element, allowing hassle-free element removal from the filter housing. When the cover or tube (depending on the assembly design) is unscrewed from the housing, tabs on the filter element endcaps fit into hooks in the housing.
Thus, as the cover or tube is unscrewed, the filter element is automatically pulled from the tube. This eliminates the need to reach into the tube to grab an endcap or handle and manually pull out the element.
4. How effective is a smaller filter compared to a larger fan-pleat filter in service?
The combination of maximized filter area, optimized pleat geometry, and uniform flow distribution in a stable, wave-shaped pleat geometry provides significantly more filtration area, compared to a traditional fan-pleat element of the same envelope size.
Of equal importance, these design features allow users to choose a smaller filter for an application and still obtain comparable filter element service life.
The above figure illustrates how a smaller Ultipleat SRT filter element can be used in place of a larger fan-pleat element. The smaller Ultipleat SRT filter element has a slightly higher clean pressure drop, but the overall service life of the two different size filters is equivalent.
5. Do Pall’s Ultipleat filters reduce electrostatic charging?
Electrostatic charge is generated by the flow of hydrocarbon fluids through porous media contained in a filter element. With low fluid electrical conductivity, this static charge can accumulate on the filter element and later discharge, causing noise and potential damage to the filter element, filter housing, or fluid.
Pall Ultipleat SRT filter elements incorporate anti-static materials to reduce charge generation and virtually eliminate static discharges.