1. How are Pall’s Coreless Ultipor® III filter elements different from the traditional Ultipor® III filter elements?
Unlike the Ultipor® III filter elements, Pall’s Coreless Ultipor® III filter elements do not include an internal core, since the core is a part of the filter housing.
Coreless Ultipor filter elements offer all the features of Ultipor® III filter elements in a metal-free package. These are designed with a helical outer wrap, high strength upstream and downstream support, reinforced polymer end caps, and Ultipor® III filter medium.
2. How are Pall Coreless Ultipor® III filter elements incinerable and crushable?
Pall Coreless Ultipor® III elements are incinerable because they are manufactured without metal components. Reinforced polymer end caps and filter support add BTU value in waste-to-energy facilities.
With the elimination of a core, Pall Coreless Ultipor® III elements are crushable. Elements can be folded to easily fit into drum packing equipment.
3. What is the “helical wrap” pleat support system?
The “helical wrap” pleat support system involves an outer helical wrap tightly bonded to each pleat to maintain uniform pleat spacing, and reliable and consistent performance. This minimizes pleat flexing and resists possible media damage, even under extreme operating conditions such as cold start or pressure surge.
4. What is the beta ratio of Pall Ultipor® III filters?
Standard Elements Beta ratio = 1000 at 2.5, 5, 7, 12 and 22 µm(c)
Dirt-Fuse Elements Beta ratio = 1000 at 5 and 15 µm(c)
5. Are Pall’s Coreless Ultipor® III filter elements environment friendly?
Yes, Pall’s Ultipor® III filter elements are environment friendly and designed to reduce disposal and maintenance costs.