PREcart PP II Pleated Depth Filter Cartridges
High-Performance Pleated Depth Filters for Particle Removal in Food and Beverage Applications
The PREcart PP II conventional, fan pleated depth filter cartridge is ideal for applications requiring excellent particle removal while effectively prolonging the life of downstream final filters. The highly stable media structure also offers consistent and excellent filtrate quality.
Why choose PREcart PP II pleated depth filter cartridges?
These cartridges are designed to meet typical food and beverage production cycles' high mechanical resistance and compatibility requirements including filtration, sanitization, regeneration, and steam sterilization.
Additional benefits include:
- Superior backflush capability for cartridge regeneration
- Resistance to multiple in situ steam sterilization and hot water sanitization cycles
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Food contact compliance and safety
Food & Beverage:
- Beer - Prefiltration
- Distilled Spirits – Activated carbon removal and guard filtration
- Water and Alcohol-free beverages – Particle removal
- Wine – First step or single-step prefiltration
- Cartridges produced in a controlled environment
- Manufactured within a Quality Manufacturing System certified to ISO 9001:2015
Food Contact Compliance
Please refer to the Pall website for a Declaration of Compliance to specific National Legislation and/or Regional Regulatory requirements for food contact use.
The technical information provided is based on controlled laboratory tests done on typical production filters at the conditions described unless otherwise indicated. Actual operating conditions may affect the filter's performance.
Operating Characteristics in Compatible Fluids1
|Maximum Differential Pressure||Operating Temperature|
|5.0 bard (72.5 psid) (forward)||25 °C (77 °F)|
|2.0 bard (29 psid) (forward)||80 °C (176 °F)|
|1.5 bard (21.8 psid) (forward)||90 °C (194 °F)|
|1 bard (14.5 psid) (reverse)||60 °C (140 °F)|
1Fluids which do not swell, soften, or adversely affect any of the filter components.
Table 1: Removal Rating2
2PREcart PP filter cartridge liquid retention ratings are based on a modified OSU-F2 single pass test. The removal efficiency for all grades is 99.98%.