Pleated Depth Filter Cartridges
Designed for High Dirt Holding Capacity and a Long Service Life
Pall’s Pleated depth filter cartridges are a state-of-the-art technological advancement – combining traditional and modern forms of filtration. These pleated depth filter cartridges consist of varied fiber diameters, leading to pore-size gradients from upstream to downstream – meaning the pores get finer with each layer while providing high-void volume throughout the depth of the filter medium.
Designed to remove suspended solids, also known as sediment, turbidity, or particulate - Pall Pleated depth filters are a long-lasting, cost-effective solution with highly compatible polypropylene filter media.
Pall's pleated filter cartridges are created using a melt-blown process which is then pleated into different media configurations suited for different applications and specific user requirements. There are three main geometries commonly used for pleat configuration with the Pall pleated depth filter cartridge range:
- Conventional fan pleat
- Star pleat
- Laid-over pleat (Ultipleat®)
- Combines the best benefits of pleated and depth style filters
- Ultipleat or laid-over pleat technology offers long life and superior dirt holding capacity
- Browse three different main pleated depth cartridge families
- Food contact compliant grades are available
|Pleated-Depth Filters||Filter Medium||Polypropylene|
Core, Cage and Endcaps
|Filter Grade Range||0.8 μm to 100 μm|
Polypropylene with a stainless steel reinforcing ring
|Length||254 mm (10 in.) to 1016 mm (40 in.)|
Pall’s pleated-depth filter cartridges are used for a variety of applications in the oil and gas, chemicals and polymer, microelectronics, biotech, and food and beverage industries.
Oil & Gas
- LNG Acid Gas
- Midstream Process Water
- Refinery Amine Systems
- Upstream Injection Water & SRU
- Midstream Acid Gas
- Midstream Glycol Filtration
Chemicals and Polymer
- Chemicals Intermediate Product (Other)
- Chemicals Raw Material - Liquid, Amine/Benfield/Other Solvent Loop
- Chemicals Raw Material/Gas/Air
- Chemicals Final Product (Liquid)
- Poly Commodity Raw Material (Fluids)
- Poly Commodity Intermediates (Fluids)
- Poly Engineered & Special Raw Material (Fluids)
- Poly Engineered & Special Intermediate (Fluids)
- Wet etch & Cleans
- Ultrapure Water
- Solvent Filtration
- Ink Filtration
- Color Filter
Food and Beverage
- Service Media Filtration
- Pre clarification
- Particle Filtration
- Fine Filtration
- Pre Storage and Prefiltration
- Mineral/Flavor Filtration
- Storage Tank Protection (Venting)
- Flavor Additive Filtration
- Filtration after Cold Stabilization
- Trap Filtration
- Activated Carbon Removal
1. What are the different types of pleated depth filters offered by Pall?
Pall’s pleated depth filters are available in the following series, each with a different pleated cylinder configuration:
- Star Pleat
- Profile Star filters
- Ultipleat proprietary layover crescent-shaped pleat
- Profile UP filters
- Conventional Fan Pleat
- Poly-Fine XLD filters
2. What is the filter grade range for pleated depth filters?
The filter grade range for pleated depth filters is 0.8 μm to 100 μm.
3. What are the benefits of using Pall’s Ultipleat laid-over pleated depth filters?
- Pall’s laid-over Ultipleat pleated depth filters are a perfect solution for high flow applications, offering economical and reliable filtering.
- With higher flow rates per filter cartridge, a crescent-shaped pleat geometry combined with a large diameter and proprietary range of available filter media, the Ultipleat filters demonstrate superior performance.
- They also reduce waste disposal and maintenance costs.