String-wound Depth Filter Cartridges
A Long Service Life and High Contaminant Loading Capacity
Pall’s string-wound depth filters are designed for advanced and efficient particulate removal performance and high contaminant holding capacity. Compared to traditional polypropylene or polyester materials, these filter cartridges use woven media yarn around the core and have high chemical, temperature, and process fluid compatibility. Available with 10+ different medium options these cartridges are also an economical low-cost choice compared to depth and pleated style filters.
String-wound filter cartridges are a type of depth filter cartridge that is made by weaving yarn (cotton, glass fiber, polypropylene, polyester, nylon, and polyphenylene sulfide (PPS))around a core usually of 304 SS or 316 SS.
- High chemical and temperature compatibility
- 10+ different medium options
- Economical choice
|String-Wound Filters||Filter Medium||
Filter Grade Range
|0.5 μm to 350 μm|
|Length||10.2 cm (4 in.) to 127 cm (50 in.)|
Pall’s string-wound filter cartridges are used for a variety of applications, including chemicals and polymer, oil and gas, and microelectronics.
Chemicals and Polymer
- Midstream Process Water
- Poly Commodity Raw Material (Fluids)
- Poly Commodity Intermediates (Fluids)
- Poly Engineered & Special Raw Material (Fluids)
- Poly Engineered & Special Intermediate (Fluids)
Oil and Gas
- Upstream Offshore Boiler Water
- Upstream Offshore Produced Water
- Upstream Onshore Produced Water
- Upstream Onshore Surface Discharged Water
- Midstream Process Water
- Upstream Injection Water & SRU
- Acid etch systems - including Piranha Etch Solvent Strip applications
- Most aggressive and/or high temperature acids or solvents
- Polishing of chemical solutions
- Bulk industrial chemicals
- Process and cooling water
- Video & computer tape
- Floppy discs
- Computer hard discs
- Photo emulsions
- Wash & rinse water
- Well completion fluids
- Water flood
Air & Gas
- Compressed air
- Instrument air
- Most corrosive gases
- Solution mining
- Deep well disposal
- Ink & coatings
- Lubricating oils
- Electropolishing solutions
- Plating solutions
- Pigments & dyes
- Cleaning fluids
1. Which are the two series that Pall offers for string-wound filters?
Pall offers string-wound filters in the DFT Classic and Encore Series.
2. Why choose Pall’s string-wound depth filters?
Pall’s string-wound depth filters are designed for advanced and efficient particulate removal performance and high contaminant holding capacity. These filter cartridges have high chemical, temperature, and process fluid compatibility compared to traditional polypropylene or polyester materials and come with 10+ different medium options.