Discover Efficient, Economical and Innovative Solutions in Depth Filtration
Break free from the limitations of classic depth filter sheets and lenticular filters and achieve efficiency in numerous food and beverage applications with SUPRA lenticular modules. Our enclosed solutions are designed as innovative alternatives to traditional lenticular filters and can fit most lenticular module housings:
- SUPRAdisc™ II Modules: Ideal for medium flow rate applications, providing both upstream and downstream support. Can be backflushed to increase service life.
- SUPRApak™ Modules: Based on the “Edge Flow” principle to utilize the full capacity of the depth filter media for high throughput and turbidity reduction.
- SUPRApak Plus Modules: The second generation of our SUPRApak filter series that uses advanced sealing technology to seal unfiltrate to filtrate channels.
- SUPRAdisc AKS 4 Modules: For general-purpose carbon treatment, providing adsorption of contaminants, off odor and decolorization.
Traditional depth filtration technologies, like flat filter sheets, are labor-intensive, generating large hold-up volumes and low yields. Pall’s SUPRA lenticular modules alleviate these weaknesses with flexible and cost-effective filtration operations, including:
- Longer filtration runs with improved filtrate quality
- No drip losses and lower dead volumes for increased yield
- Quick and easy module change-outs
- Increased process safety and reduced handling
The following SUPRA lenticular modules are for food and beverage applications. For Biotech solutions, learn more.
Applications and Uses:
SUPRAdisc II Modules
- Polishing filtration: Wine, beer, juice, sugar syrups and thick liquor gelatin
- Microorganism reduction & yeast removal: Wine, sugar syrups and enzyme solutions
- Coarse filtration: Wine, fruit juice, tea-based beverages, olive oil and thin liquor gelatin
Other uses include: Pre-clarification, clarification, particle filtration, fine filtration, chill haze removal and stabilization and colloidal removal.
- Clarifying filtration: Beer, wine, fruit juice, flavors and thin liquor gelatin
- Coarse particle removal: Wax removal in edible oils and cannabis oil
- Polishing filtration: Flavors and white spirits, all liquid foods and beverages
- Chill filtration: Brown spirits or white spirits high in fatty acids
- Fine filtration: All liquid foods and beverages
- Final filtration: Sugar solutions, fructooligosaccharides and enzyme solutions
Other uses include: Pre-clarification, clarification, particle filtration, stabilization and colloidal removal.
SUPRApak PLUS Modules
- Final filtration: Enzyme solutions, sweeteners
- Polishing filtration: Sweeteners, beer, wine, flavors, thin liquor gelatin, yeast extract and vinegar
- Clarifying filtration: Beer, wine, enzymes, flavors, thin liquor gelatin, polyols and edible oils
- Coarse filtration: General particle removal
SUPRAdisc AKS 4 Modules
- Dechlorination of water
- Correction of off color, flavor and odors in distilled spirits, wine and beer
- Decolorization of sweetener and sugar syrups
- Color correction in juice and beer applications
- Gelatin decolorization and deodorization
SUPRApak vs Filter Press Setup Time
SUPRApak vs Filter Press setup time