Outer Drainage Layer: Drainage of coalesced liquid and protection from re-entrainment is provided by a polymeric outer drainage layer. This ensures consistent, high efficiency performance.
Metal Support Core: Axial strength and protection against liquid slugs are provided by a perforated inner support core constructed of
304 stainless steel.
Outer Cage: Media support during operation is provided by a 304 stainless steel outer support cage.
Primary Coalescer: Coalescing is achieved by use of a high area pleated glass fiber medium that is surrounded by a non-woven polymeric support and drainage layers. A patented surface treatment is used that enhances coalescer performance and lowers fouling tendency and pressure drop.
End Caps: 304 stainless steel end caps are used to improve cartridge strength and prevent contaminant bypass.
- Protects process analyzers
- Safeguards instrument air operated equipment and systems
- Prevents orifice plugging in pneumatic controllers
- Improves accuracy of gas measurements in the field or plant
- Decreases freeze-out and corrosion problems
- Reduces fouling in small gas-driven engines
- Provides reproducible high-quality gas for all operations using produced gas
Inside to Out Flow Pattern of SFG Coalescer Assembly
SFG Coalescer Element Specifications
|Coalescer Part Number1||PFS4463ZMH13||PFS1001ZMH13|
|Coalescing Efficiency at 0.3 µm||99.99%||99.99%|
|Rated Flow Air @ 100 psig (6.9 bard) and 100°F (38°C)||60 scfm (8.3 acfm)||200 scfm (27.6 acfm)|
|Effective Coalescer Area||0.84 ft2 (0.078 m2)||2.2 ft2 (0.204 m2)|
|Clean Saturated Pressure Drop||0.53 psid (36.54 mbard)||1.5 psid (103.4 mbard)|
|Maximum Temperature (water present)||140 °F (60 °C)||140 °F (60 °C)|
|Maximum Temperature (no water)||250 °F (121 °C)||250 °F (121 °C)|
|Maximum Differential Pressure2||50 psid (3.4 bard)||50 psid (3.4 bard)|
|Dimensions:||2 1⁄4 in. O.D. x 5 1⁄4 in.
(57.2 mm O.D. x 133.4 mm)
|2 3⁄4 in. O.D. x 9 3⁄4 in.
(69.9 mm O.D. x 247.7 mm)
|Sealing Mechanism||Single open-ended
with internal o-ring
with gaskets / tie rod
1 Standard seal material is Nitrile (H13). Fluorocarbon Elastomer (H) and Ethylene Propylene (J) are also available for optimum fluid compatibility.
2 A change out differential pressure of 15 psid is recommended to ensure efficient operation.
& Drain Sizes
- Removal of 99.99% of all aerosols 0.3 microns and larger. Typical downstream aerosol concentrations are less than 0.003 ppm.
- Patented surface treatment that prevents liquids from wetting the coalescer media allowing for higher gas flow capacity and lowered fouling tendency and differential pressure.
- Consistent performance using thin fibers and fixed pore construction optimized for efficient coalescing.
- Long service life due to pleated media structure and surface treatment.
- Low energy losses with typical saturated pressure drop of 1.2 psid (82.7 mbard).
- Wide range of compatibility for use with process gases, compressor oils, hydrocarbon condensates, and water.
To calculate the pressure drop for other process conditions use the
∆P = KH QA2 ρ + KC QA µ
|where:||∆P:||pressure drop in psid|
|KH:||housing pressure drop constant|
|QA:||actual flow rate in acfm|
|ρ:||gas density at operating conditions in lb/ft3|
|KC:||coalescer pressure drop constant|
|µ:||gas viscosity at operating conditions in cP|
|Coalescer Assembly P/N||KH||KC|
Earn 10% off* your next order online by leaving a review of this product. Please login to your account to leave a review. We appreciate and value your feedback.
*Subject to Terms and Conditions.