Profile Coreless filter elements combine Pall proven Profile depth filter technology with a design that eliminates the core to provide a convenient, cost efficient and environmentally-friendly solution for high flow rate applications.
The large diameter filter element features low differential pressure polypropylene, or polyphenylene sulphide (PPS) medium, meaning fewer elements are required for a given flow rate. Filter vessels are correspondingly smaller, resulting in lower capital and installation costs, as well as reduced operating costs.
Pall Coreless filter technology is particularly well suited for gas filtration applications where the experience has shown that solid contaminants are very small -typically in the micron and sub-micron size range. Pall Coreless has been successfully used in various applications requiring an efficient protection of critical downstream equipment and units, such as:
- ‘Black Powder’ removal from gas pipelines (raw gas, dry gas, ethane)
- Removal of desiccant fines from gas drying units (dry gas, regeneration gas)
- Removal of catalyst / activated carbon fines from mercury guard beds
The Profile Coreless filter element fits over a 316L stainless steel core, which is retained inside the filter housing. At changeout, the element is simply pulled up over the core which is then ready to accept the replacement element. By retaining the metallic core, the Coreless design significantly reduces the amount of waste material to dispose of, providing a lower cost, more environmentally-friendly option.
Profile Coreless filter elements use the advanced and proven benefits of Profile medium’s unique depth filter technology. The combination of a continuous graded pore prefilter section and a high performance inner section is an ideal combination, giving low clean differential pressure, high flow rates and long service life.
The Profile Coreless filter element is manufactured to a very high standard of quality assurance and cleanliness, and in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001:2008.
- Large diameter cartridge utilizing low differential pressure media.
- Separate stainless steel core retained in the filter housing.
- Proven depth filter technology / continuous graded pore structure.
- Polypropylene, or polyphenylene sulphide (PPS) filter media.
- Fully disposable design.
- Smaller systems with low capital cost, low installation costs and reduced operating costs.
- Providing high flow rate capability, ease of fitment, low operating costs and increased cost efficiency.
- Reliable, consistent and verifiable filtration performance.
- Compatible with a wide range of applications.
- Less waste materials, lower cost of disposal and more environmentally-friendly
Black Powder Contaminated Coreless Cartridges
Materials of Construction
Filter elment is Polypropylene or Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS).
Operating Characteristics in Compatible Fluids*
|Maximum Differential Pressure||Operating Temperature|
|Polypropylene||Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS)|
|4.0 bard (58 psid)||32 °C (89.6 °F)||32 °C (89.6 °F)|
|1.0 bard (14.5 psid)||82 °C (179.6 °F)||204 °C (400 °F)|
* Compatible fluids are defined as those which do not swell, soften or attack any of the filter components
|Nominal Length||1016 mm (40 in)|
|Nominal Outside Diameter||152 mm (6 in)|
|Nominal Inside Diameter||114 mm (4.5 in)|
Polyphenylene Sulphide Media
* For air at viscosity of 0.018cp. Correction for other gases:
|Use reading from Graph x =||Gas Viscosity||= Actual Pressure Drop|
Element Part Number
|Part Number||Removal Rating in Gases at 0.3 μm*|
* Determined using Sodium Chloride aerosol challenge