Ultipleat® High Flow (Liquid)
The Ultipleat® High Flow Filters are coreless, single open-ended filters that offer high filtration efficiency. These filters have a large diameter and laid over pleated cartridge with an inside-to-outside flow pattern that prevents debris from escaping the filter. The high flow rate at 1900 lpm or 500 gpm for a 60-inch length element allows for fewer cartridge change-outs.
The Ultipleat filters use up to 50% smaller filter systems and need up to 40 times fewer element change-outs. The coreless construction of the filter minimizes waste disposal, and the absolute rated filter medium offers reproducible performance. . It has a wide range of filtration ratings from 1 µm to 100 µm. The inside to outside flow pattern traps contaminant inside the element, thus preventing polluting the treated water during the cartridge change-out.
Dedicated and appropriate Ultipleat® High Flow Housings are available in horizontal, vertical, and centerpipe design configurations for these elements.
The Ultipleat High Flow Series Filters are available in the following configurations –
Ultipleat® High Flow Filters: This filter has a large diameter, coreless, single open-ended, pleated cartridge with an inside to outside flow pattern. It reduces the number of filters and size of housings required with its unique crescent-shaped pleat geometry, combined with its large 152.4 mm (6-inch) diameter and with length option up to 80”.
These pleated high flow filters are available in the following variants :
- Ultipleat® High Flow Filter Elements - Standard
- Ultipleat® High Flow Filter with PTFE and ECTFE media
- Ultipleat® High Flow Filter Elements (1 µm) with CAS media
- Ultipleat® High Flow XL Filters with Glass Fiber (GF) media
Vector™ High Flow Series Filter Cartridges: This filter cartridge utilizes Pall’s unique “Laid-Over-Pleat” or Ultipleat® technology with felt media to prolong on-stream service life for your process applications. Vector High Flow elements are available in different lengths, media, and hardware configurations that make them compatible with a broad range of temperatures and chemicals.
Nexis® High Flow Series Filter Elements: This filter is a large-diameter, coreless, single-open-ended depth cartridge with an inside-to-outside flow. It has a wide range of availability in ratings from 10 µm to 100 µm. This series is using the proprietary ColdMeltTM technology using a gradient pore melt -blown structure. The large diameter (152.4 mm [6 in]) allows you to attain the desired results even in high flow rate applications with significantly fewer elements and smaller housings.
Pall’s Ultipleat High Flow filters have a wide range of applications across various industries.
Oil and Gas:
- Condensate feed
- Gas filtration
- Natural gas transportation pipeline
- Wastewater filtration
- Frac water disposal
- Produced water
- General disposal well protection
- LPG final product filtration
- Hydrotreater feed filter
- Amine loop filter
Chemicals and Polymer:
- Epoxy resin
- Disposal wells
- Feed streams
- Industrial resins and coatings
- Agricultural chemicals
- Silicone solutions
- Water treatment
- Final product
- Tank car loading and unloading
Power and Utilities:
- RO osmosis protection
- Cooling tower
- Acts as a barrier to cysts and oocysts
- Prefilter for bottled water sterilizing filters
- Pre reverse osmosis filtration
- Cooling water
- Resin trap filtration
- Wet etching and cleaning
Pulp & Paper:
- White liquor
- Black liquor
- Demin water
- Shower press
- Bleach tower processed water treatment
- Paint feedstocks
- Final products
Food and Beverage:
- Highly efficient particle filtration in high flow rate food and beverage applications
Pleated Polypropylene/Polyester/Polyether Sulfone Membrane/Polypropylene with high-density polyethylene
Standard Buna or EPM O-ring/Specific Silicone or Teflon encapsulated fluoropolymer versions
Q.1. What are the benefits of using Pall’s Ultipleat High Flow Filters?
Pall’s Ultipleat High Flow Filters –
- come with a coreless construction that minimizes waste disposal
- use 50% smaller filter systems
- require 40 times fewer element change-outs
- feature absolute rated filter medium that creates reproducible performance are designed with inside to outside flow configuration that keeps all contaminants within the single open-ended filter
Q.2. What is the filter grade range available for all the three variants of Ultipleat High Flow Filters?
- Ultipleat High Flow Filters - 1 µm to 100 µm
- Vector High Flow Filters - 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 µm
- Nexis High Flow Filters - 10 µm to 100 µm
Q.3. Which industries use Ultipleat High Flow Filters?
Ultipleat Filters are used in a wide range of industries, including –
- Chemical and Polymer
- Power Utilities
- Pulp and Paper
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Oil and Gas
- Food and Beverage