Seitz® T Series Depth Filter Sheets
For general filtration applications
The Seitz T Series Depth Filter Sheets were developed for coarse and clarifying filtration of many fluids in the food and beverage industry. The reduced density and high porosity media make this media suitable for filtration of viscous materials, retaining gel particles, or coarse dispersed substances at low differential pressures. Available in multiple formats.
From the selection and quality control of raw materials to the application of the latest production technologies, the T Series Filter Sheets meet the highest quality standards:
- Homogenous and consistent media offer proven and reliable performance
- An economic filtration with high particle holding capacity resulting in long filtration cycles and high throughputs
- Each individual filter sheet is laser etched with the sheet grade, batch number and production date for full traceability
Product images are a representation of product family for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
- Seitz T 120, Seitz T 500, Seitz T 750; Seitz T 950
Coarse filtration of rennet, coarse clarification of rapeseed and wheat germ oil and clarifying filtration of sugar syrup
- Seitz T 1000, Seitz T 1500, Seitz T 2100, Seitz T 3500
Coarse filtration of natural extracts, coarse filtration of sugar syrup and coarse filtration of honey and edible oils
- Seitz T 2600, Seitz T 5500
Sugar syrup clarification, barrel charr and particle removal in spirits and clarification of enzyme solutions
Relative Retention Rating
1 Effective removal performance of filter sheets is dependent on process conditions.
Food Contact Compliance
Please refer to the Pall website for a Declaration of Compliance to specific National Legislation and/or Regional Regulatory requirements for food contact use.
- Seitz T 120, Seitz T 500, Seitz T 750; Seitz T 950, Seitz T 1000, Seitz T 1500, Seitz T 2100, Seitz T 3500: cellulose, perlite
- Seitz T 2600, Seitz T 5500: cellulose
|Grade||Mass per Unit Area g/m2||Thickness mm||Ash %||Water Permeability2 L/m2/min (gal/ft2/min)|
|T 120||900||2.8||43||213 (5.3)|
|T 500||850||2.7||38||465 (11.6)|
|T 750||850||2.7||40||565 (14.1)|
|T 950||850||2.8||40||1,700 (42.5)|
|T 1000||950||3.6||35||3,400 (85)|
|T 1500||850||3.7||33||7,285 (182.1)|
|T 2100||700||3.3||15||10,200 (255)|
|T 2600||700||2.9||< 1||10,200 (255)|
|T 3500||888||4.6||15||12,750 (318.8)|
|T 5500||750||4.5||< 1||25,500 (637.5)|
These figures have been determined in accordance with in-house test methods and the methods of the Technical /Analytical Work Group within the European Depth Filtration Association.
2The permeability was measured under test conditions with clean water at 20 °C (68 °F) and a Δp of 1 bar (14.5 psi).
T Series Filter Sheets may be rinsed with clean water (in the forward or reverse direction) to increase throughput and to optimize economic efficiency. Optimal regeneration of filter sheets installed in a plate and frame filter may be achieved with serial rinses of warm water followed by hot water. An example protocol is shown below.
- Rinse with warm water (60 °C / 140 °F) for 15 minutes
- Rinse with hot water (70 – 80 °C / 158 – 176 °F) for 8 – 10 minutes
The rinse flow rate should be equivalent to the filtration flow rate with a back pressure of 0.5 –1 bar (7.2 –14.5 psi).
Sterilization and Sanitization
|Method||Temperature °C (°F)||Maximum Differential Pressure bar (psi)||Time3/ Cycle min|
|Steam||125 (257)||0.5 (7.2)||20|
|Hot Water||90 (194)||1 (14.5)||30|
3The actual time required may vary as a function of the process conditions.
Please contact Pall for recommendations on your specific filtration process as results may vary by product, pre-filtration and filtration conditions.
For additional operating guidelines, including rinsing of sheets prior to use, please refer to instructions provided by Pall.
- Filter sheets produced in a controlled environment
- Manufactured according to ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System